Bachmann products carry a Warranty for 12 months from the date of purchase against faulty materials or workmanship subject to the following conditions. During this period such defects that occur will be repaired or defective parts replaced free of charge.
1. This Warranty applies only if the item was purchased from an authorised retailer of Bachmann Europe plc (‘Bachmann’) within the European Union / EEA. This Warranty does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for consequential loss or damage. The Warranty is offered as an additional benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
2. For claims under this Warranty, in the first instance the product must be returned to the retailer with evidence of the purchase date in the form of retailer receipt/invoice accompanied by a letter or Service Request form setting out the date and place of purchase, giving a brief explanation of the problem that has led to the claim. It is essential that the claim reach the retailer on or before the last day of this Warranty period. Late claims will not be considered.
3. This Warranty is only available to the original retail purchaser of this product and is non-transferable.
4. The Warranty does not extend to cover damage resulting from misuse or careless handling, accidental damage, wear and tear, or use on a voltage supply other than that stamped on the product.
5. The Warranty may be considered void if repairs have been attempted other than by Bachmann staff.
6. The Warranty is on the original product in its entirety and does not extend to individual components removed from the product. In respect of train sets the warranty applies to motorized units and controllers only.
7. If Bachmann chooses to replace a product it will be with the nearest appropriate model of its choice.
8. Bachmann reserves the right to decline service to any model that has been fitted with a decoder after manufacture.
9. Bachmann will not be held responsible for damage to or loss of an after market decoder fitted to a model submitted for service under the Warranty.
10. The fitting of a Bachmann decoder with a current Warranty shall not be deemed to change the position regarding a product that is otherwise outside its own Warranty. It may be necessary to change decoder settings during service.
11. Bachmann’s liability under this Warranty will in no case exceed the price paid for the product as originally manufactured.